So, although the picture doesn't do it any justice because I forgot to take it until after we had eaten most of it (we were ravenous wolves, I tell you!), dinner tonight was absolutely wonderful, and perhaps the most delicious budget-friendly meal that I have ever made.
Tuna and Potatoes Au Gratin
1 box of Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes ($.50, purchased with coupons :) )
1- 5oz can of tuna in water, drained ($.50)
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese ($.20)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prepare potatoes as specified on the box in a casserole dish.
- Add tuna, stirring to spread evenly.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, then turn off oven.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese, oregano, and rosemary evenly over the surface, placing back into the oven for 3-5 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with favorite vegetable.